Location: Fort Collins
The Environmental Learning Center at CSU offers after-school programs for schools in the Poudre School District. Formats can vary to meet the needs of your school and families, though a typical format is to meet weekly for six weeks. These programs focus on learning through hands-on indoor and outdoor environmental education experiences.
- Each program can be adapted for either K -2nd or 3rd -5th grade
- 20 students per program maximum
- Incorporates State Educational Standards and school’s academic goals
- Includes outdoor activities, as weather permits
- $50/child for each 6-week program; Scholarships available
In the Conservation Club program, the three principles of conservation (reduce, reuse, recycle) will guide this program; we will learn how to reduce our use of energy and water. Students will get creative, reusing materials in projects such as garbage art. We will recycle everything we can from bottles to banana peels while exploring the excitement of compost and worm bins!
Instructional Delivery Methods:
Description of Fees:
CSU at National Western Center Theme:
Energy, Food Systems, Urban Ecology, Water