Women in Water Scholarship
The Women in Water Scholarship is an annual $5,000 gift awarded to a woman pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in any facet of Western water resources.
Scholarship applications for the 2021-22 academic year will be accepted between April 1 and July 1, 2021.
How we select awardees
A selection committee of women professionals will be reviewing applications. The committee will bring forth five top candidates for final review. The successful candidate will be awarded $2,500 per semester and funds will be made payable to the college of their choice.
• Applicants must be a woman at junior-year bachelor degree level or higher and seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Need to major in areas related to Western water resources development, management, conservation, education or advocacy.
• Applicant must be a resident of the United States and attending an institution in the United States.
Application is available April 1, 2021 and must be submitted by July 1, 2021
Find a fillable PDF here Application 2021
Include these attachments:
• Essay Describing Your Career Interest and Goal of Work in Water Resources, Not More Than 800 Words
• Resume limited to two pages
• Post-Secondary Academic Transcript to Date
• Proof of Identity – Student Id
• Three letters of reference. Two of the three must be academic or professional and one personal. Limit letter length to 300 words or fewer.
Submitted material is confidential and will not be shared with third parties.
NOTE: Scholarship recipient gives Women in Water permission to publish name, school and essay on our website (www.fundingwomeninwater.com)
Maximum Amount: $5,000
Application Deadline: 07/01/2021
Website: Visit Opportunity Site
Funding Agency: Other
Subject Area: Education, Environment, Environmental Science
Target Population: College Students, Graduate Students or Post Docs
Limited Submission: No