The STEM Center works with organizations both within and outside CSU. Our partners can come from a variety of places. They could represent universities, professional organizations, museums, government agencies, STEM education consortia, and more! The one thing our partners have in common is a dedication to and focus on STEM education and outreach.
Depending on the organization for which we provide an evaluation, the STEM Center staff may serve in a variety of roles:
- External Evaluator: Provide evaluation for an organization outside of CSU. Some funding agencies require this for certain programs.
- Independent Evaluator: Provide evaluation for a unit within CSU but on a project for which the STEM Center has no contribution outside the evaluation. Funding agencies usually allow this on many of their program types.
- Internal Evaluator: Provide evaluation for a project (either within or outside CSU) for which the STEM Center has made a substantive contribution outside of evaluation (e.g., program development). Funding agencies usually allow this when coupled with an external or independent evaluator. This is also appropriate for smaller scale or pilot projects.
The CSU STEM Center staff develop and implement evaluations tailored to meet your specific needs at any project stage. Different roles we may take on include the following or any combination of the following:
- Front-End Evaluation: Gauge the interests and preferences of possible participants or identify potential barriers to address during project development
- Logic Model Development: Create a visual model of a program’s goals, components, and related outcomes
- Formative Evaluation: Provide feedback about an intervention as it is being developed or implemented
- Process Evaluation: Give oversight concerning processes and structure in complex projects
- Summative Evaluation: Assess the impact of an intervention at the end of a project or near the end of a project
STEM Center evaluations include the use the of both rich, qualitative methods (such as descriptions of program activities) and varied quantitative methods as appropriate to each project. If
STEM Research and Education Expertise
CSU STEM evaluators have experience in both
Find Out More
You can find out more about STEM Center Evaluation through our Evaluation FAQs. If you’re ready to talk with us more about your needs, you can schedule a consultation with us. We would love to hear from you!